- May 6, 2020
We've made a huge number of (mostly user-suggested) improvements to the game that we feel comfortable releasing into Early Access in the form of our second Catnap Update.
Quality of Life Improvements
- Lucid Fountains now grant a random Lucid Drop Keepsake (+% Max Lucid)
- Character Stats in the Inventory are only displayed for stats that have been modified from the default.
- Daydreaming & Meditation no longer have explicit upgrade tiers to purchase. Tiers are unlocked simply through total currency spend.
- Crystal Barrier will stagger nearby enemies when broken.
- The Sketchbook has an exclamation mark next to discovered Ideas that haven't been viewed yet.
- When discovering a new preferred gift, fanfare animation & sound is triggered.
- Items that double keys and/or bombs will give you 1 of the currency if you have 0 before pickup.
- Perfect Dodges additionally buff the interrupting Melee & Ranged Weapon attack damage as well.
- Explicit Shatter has been replaced with Frozen enemies being shattered by natural critical hits (more common synergy).
- Camera Zoom settings can now be set in the Controls options (Toggle, 1x, 2x, 4x).
- Lobbed Player Projectiles have a consistent arc now, regardless of speed.
- "Chained Effects" have been renamed to "Shock Chain" to reduce confusion over the feature.
- Level Summary UI has received some polish.
- Save slots now display "Nights Passed" and "Successful Runs"
- The projectile-firing traps should now have better positioning outside of the level bounds, so that their collision does not impede the player.
- The attack telegraphs appearing over the player's head have been given a stroke, made larger and more obvious.
- Level generation has been improved so that certain room types are statistically more common. For example, Enchantment room should now show up in approximately half of all floors.
- Taking non-parried hits to your shield drains Lucid (not very much).
- The Meditation upgrade "Celebrate My Success" has been moved to an earlier tier.
- Fixing bug where fast-moving projectiles could skip past enemies.
- Fixing bug where lobbed enemy projectiles could "hang" in the air.
- Fixing bugs with controller force feedback.
- Fixing bug with Treasure Map.
- Fixing bug with Futuresight upgrade.
- Fixing bugs where Character Stats could display 0 health.
- Fixing bug where Nightmare Campground could receive repeating rooms.
- Fixing bug where City was more likely to spawn specific rooms.
- Fixing bug where enemies could rotate in a jerky fashion.
- Fixing bug where some status effects could deal 0 damage.
- Fixing camera issue for Negativty fight.
- Numerous boss fixes.
- Numerous enemy fixes.
- Numerous level collision fixes.
- Numerous UI fixes.
- Numerous loot spawn location fixes.
- Numerous typo fixes.
- May 7, 2020
The initial tuning we put in for when lucid is drained when blocking hits with a shield was found to be too punishing. We've greatly reduced this amount.
- May 7, 2020
- Experimenting with a change to make Heavies, Bruisers & Battlemages 2x resistant to parried projectiles.
- Fixing collision box on Snowball Projectile.
- Updated Chinese translations.
- May 8, 2021
- Fixing issue where Isolation's "Overwhelm" projectiles are moving way too fast
- Fixing visual issue with the Critical Attack VFX
- Fixing a minor attack pattern mistake in the final boss battle
- June 2, 2021
- New Music for Nightmare Event & Restore Rooms from Dale North
- Bombs, Keys, Health, Sand, Resolve, Glass & Inspiration dropped by enemies should be much higher now.
- Ideas should be much more common now.
- Fixing bug where player can still perform actions when frozen.
- Fixing bugs where some item speed modifiers aren't being respected.
- Fixed Primal Scream audio bugs.
- Particle systems are more readable on Lower quality settings.
- Parried projectiles no longer appear to teleport.
- Ranger attacks have better telegraphing, fixed poison attack hitbox duration.
- Fixed some enemy out-of-bounds spawn locations.
- Various graphical glitch fixes.
- Various lighting improvements.
- Various run-time optimizations.
- June 4, 2021
An optimization that was meant only for a certain console port accidentally made it onto the PC in the latest update. The result was that turning V-Sync on would sync your frames at a 30 Hz frequency instead of the intended 60 Hz on Windows. This is now fixed.